The following are essays that deal with various aspects of fandom issues or various aspects of fandom culture. A few of my essays are posted on The Classy Shipper but fit here as well, so I added them.
- Fandom, Feminism, and Fanboy Culture
- Sub-A-Dub-Dub: Anime Fans and Viewing Preferences, or the JYB Problem
- Useful Ways To Discuss Women In Anime and Manga: Part 1
- Four Questions To Ask About Portrayals of Rape In Anime and Manga
- Well, This Leaves A Bad Taste In My Mouth: The "Metaphor" of Sexual Assault in Kamisama Hajimemashita
- The No Homo Kneejerk, or The KawoShin Quandary: Why Queer Canon Couples Need To Exist Outside Yaoi and Yuri (The Classy Shipper)
- The Invisible Aspect of Fandom Privilege